Friday 7 September 2018

The Last Letter



Dear Martha,
I wonder if you still feel the same way about me; although I admit I have always been about me. Remember that night we walked on and on? The night before the world fell in love with my song. You told me if I ever felt like I was alone, I shouldn’t hesitate to call home. I wonder if that offer still stands, if you’re still waiting with open hands. I wanted to talk to you before the magazines got to you. But every time I try, I can’t always reach you. All of my new friends are fake and don’t last, I guess it’s why I’m reaching back to my past. I always felt amazing when I was in the crowd and when I’m alone the silence becomes too loud. I wonder if I should start another paragraph, but I did attached a photograph. I’ve never been good with writing and I’m scared I might say the wrong thing. The picture isn’t complete and you know it. I pushed you away and I regret it. The picture is for you, before the magazines get to you. You’ll read a lot of nasty things about me, things I don’t want you to imagine when you think about me. I have a lot of bruises so I used a lot of make-up, a far cry from the girl you knew when we broke up. I just want to know I always loved you; I swear, even God knows those words are true. I’ve lost everyone I know but you. Please forgive me so I’ll find peace in the other world
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment