Sunday 22 November 2015

A Kite I Am: A Poem


When I wonder how my life far spent
Could be interpret’d to what it meant
I wonder if generations unborn
Will it for me be songs in goldform

I see my life as a little boy’s kite
Flying and whirling in the vast sky
I soar high until I see the cloud
At me threaten with a voice so loud

A kite I am, a bird I could be
The northern skies my home it could be
The leavened clouds my stately stairwells
The morning sun my private compass

Alas! A kite I am and might be
Controlled by the young boy’s impulses
Limited by imperfections and fears
Forever held unto by the leash

About the poet
My name is Gracious Egedegbe, call me TheGray. I do plenty of poetry, a bit of drama and articles and quite a number of stories.
Follow me on twitter (@IamTheGray)
Like our Facebook page (facebook.com/thegrayarchive)

No comments:

Post a Comment